Becoming a PADI Instructor & The PADI IDC
Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something others can only dream of? To help people transform their lives? To open doors you didn’t even know existed? All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Instructor.
It’s about life transformations—both yours and those around you. The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. Join us at our PADI 5* IDC Training Facility in the heart of Playa Del Carmen, Mexico home to incredible beaches, night life, restaurants and of course AWESOME diving!!!
Our Course Director and the Scuba Playa team will do everything they can during your PADI IDC (Instructor Development Course) to bring out the best in you and the rest will be a life changing experience full of satisfaction, self discovery, new knowledge and fun!
To qualify for training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you must:
- PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months (check with a PADI Course Director or
Contact Us for qualifying credentials.)
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
What´s included in your IDC package:
- FREE ACCOMMODATION for the 19 days of the IDC and Instructor Examination
- FREE EXTENDED ACCOMMODATION for up to 4 weeks when signing up for MSDT
- 12 day Extended Instructor Development Program
- 1 day Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- FREE 2 Day IDC Preparation
- FREE Specialty Instructor Course
- FREE Cavern dive in our world famous Cenotes
- Multilingual materials and translation available
- Rescue techniques workshop
- Additional study and support materials prior to starting the course to aid preparation
- Instructor T-Shirts
The PADI Instructor Development Course crewpack includes all the materials needed to prepare for the Instructor Development Course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (Open Water and Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster)
- Instructor Development Course Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Specialty Instructor Manual
You are more than welcome to join us for some fun dives before or after your course start date to explore our beautiful local reefs, Cozumel Island and the incredible Cenote Caverns! We offer unbeatable prices for all our Instructor Candidates.
Having the materials in your language of choice allows for optimal learning and quick and easy reference.
Upon request we also do offer the Instructor Development Course in Spanish.Contact us
Instructor Application: $165
EFRI Application: $110
Instructor Examination Fee: $650
MSDT Fee Per Specialty: $65