Widen your horizons, become a Specialty Instructor
The Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating sets you apart from other dive instructors by showing your commitment to continuing your dive training and being prepared to help others continue their training as well. You also get to teach specialty diver courses which opens the door to lots of fun while working.
As a PADI MSDT, you demonstrate to a dive employer that you have good experience in teaching diving and also can teach a range of specialty diver courses. This makes a dive center or resort more likely to offer you a position.
MDST Preparation is a program you can sign up for before or after the completion of the IDC and your PADI Instructor Examination. This gives you a big head start in your career in the Dive Industry.
It’s a 5 day program where your PADI Course Director teaches you the tricks of the trade. We will review 5 Specialties for you if you have not done IDC with us or 4 Specialties if you have just finished your IDC (Enriched Air is included in the IDC) including:
- Enriched Air Instructor (for non Scuba Playa IDC Students)
- Deep Dive Instructor
- Search and Recovery Instructor
- Navigation Instructor
- Drift Instructor
- Sidemount Instructor (must be Sidemount diver- additional fees apply)
As a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, you
- Teach the specialties you love to teach
- Enjoy watching your student divers excel as you lead them from PADI Open Water Diver to PADI Master Scuba Diver
- Increase your income with multiple level training
- Meet one of the requirements to qualify as a PADI Master Instructor
Your Course Director will prepare you and guide you into preparing to teach a specialty courses which will give you head start in your dive career and the dive industry.