Becoming a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
As an experienced PADI Instructor, you have knowledge and experience to share with up-and-coming PADI Professionals and you know how addictive continuing your education can be!
As an Instructor Development Course (IDC) Staff Instructor, you help bring up the next generation of PADI Instructors while gaining in-depth instructor-trainer knowledge. You will work alongside our experienced and charismatic Course Director Nat Lefort while developing your theoretical knowledge, evaluation skills and techniques and presentation abilities.
Many of dive center or resort management positions require this level of Instructor experience and training, making this an important step if you are considering a career in dive center management or you want to open a dive center or resort.
To enroll in the IDC Staff training program you must
- have PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer certification
- be at least 18 years old
During your training you will be seen as and treated as an experienced professional and role model by the Instructor Candidates. Your dedication to teaching and passion for diving is of utmost importance to succeed in this course.
- You become a master of instructor-level dive theory, knowledge development teaching presentations and confined water teaching presentations
- You audit a complete IDC as a staff member rather than as a student
In addition to all the courses you can teach as a PADI Instructor can also:
- Teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting the PADI Instructor Development Courses.
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting instructor-level continuing education.
Asides from standard scuba gear and teaching materials you will require the following:
- PADI Course Director Manual
- Confined and Open Water Evaluation slates