We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% open with our refund and cancellation policy. There are no hidden rules or small print.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
Modifications of your reservation
You are able to change your activity date at the discretion of Scuba Playa Pro Academy, free of charge and subject to weather and availability, with a 48 hours notice.
Cancellation by the Customer
If the Client fails to show or cancels less then 48 hours before a dive trip, or joins it after the start, or leaves it prior to its completion, no refund will be made, unless by prior agreement between Scuba Playa Pro Academy and the Client that only a portion of the dive trip is to be undertaken. For Christmas, New Year and Easter seasons, the cancellation notice is extended to 7 days before a dive trip. If the Client cancels a trip or course the deposit is not transferable to any other person.
Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions preventing client from doing the activity: we would request a written statement of a doctor, in which case we will do everything possible to reschedule without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible at that time, the client shall receive a full refund.
If a diver cancels his/her dive trip, a refund will not be issued for the eLearning or books provided.
Cancellation by the Company
All our activities are highly weather dependent and Scuba Playa Pro Academy reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel the tour. In instances where Scuba Playa Pro Academy cannot provide the tour booked, we will return to the Client all deposits paid or we may offer the Client an alternative trip. If an alternative trip is refused by the client, Scuba Playa Pro Academy remains the right to deduct the administrative cost resulting from such transactions.
Alterations to Itineraries
Although every effort is made to adhere to dive schedules and itineraries, Scuba Playa Pro Academy reserves the right to alter dive schedules and itineraries at any time if it is in the Client’s interest to do so or when forced by weather considerations.
Scuba Playa Pro Academy may not be responsible for any compensation to the Client if we are forced to cancel or in any way change trips due to force majeure, namely war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion or any other external circumstances beyond Scuba Playa Pro Academys control.
Authority on Tour / Exclusion from Tour
The decision of the diver/ Divemaster / Instructor employed will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety of the group. Scuba Playa Pro Academy will not be responsible for or liable to any Client who commits an illegal or unlawful act in any way. The Client may be excluded from the trip without any refund of the trip/tour. If Scuba Playa Pro Academy considers the Client unsuitable for a trip/tour, it may in its absolute discretion cancel such Client’s booking or decline to carry the Client further if that Client causes danger, inconvenience or annoyance to other clients. If Clients are found to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs prior to an activity tour, the tour will be cancelled with no refund.
Cancellations more than 30 days prior to Course start date
- Refund deposit or full payment made on course training.
- No refund applicable on course materials
Cancellation 30 to 14 days prior to Course start date
- Deposit will not be refunded. ( If you have another candidate to replace you, full refund applies) *
- Re-schedule training without extra charges
- If full payment has been made we will refund the full amount minus a 20% booking fee
- No refund applicable on course materials
Cancellation within 72 hours prior to Course start date
- No refund is given.
- Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions preventing client from taking the course: we would request a written statement of a doctor, in which case we will do everything possible to reschedule course without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible at that time, the client shall receive a voucher which will be valid for 2 consecutive years
- Scuba Playa Pro Academy advises you to arrange a travel cancellation insurance with your local insurance for these cases, so you will get refunded for any medical conditions.
Cancellations or termination without notice.
- No Refund
Scuba Playa Pro Academy General policies.
- Full tuition fee must be transferred 30 days before course starting date.
- Cancellations by Scuba Playa Pro Academy due to any reason will result in 100% refund. *
- Cancellation due to sickness while taking our courses, no refund. Our team will re-schedule the remaining course modules at a later day or other course.
- Partial or full payment is required on bookings for scuba diving excursions and scuba diving training.
- The full amount of the activity due by the Client must be paid prior to the time of all courses and dive trips.